Monday, November 6, 2017

Breakfast Burritos

Happy Monday!

I have a super busy week due to Parent-Teacher Conferences.  It will be extra exciting because it will be my first time meeting most of the parents since I was on maternity leave when the school year began!  I wanted something quick for breakfast to make our mornings run a bit smoother.  We usually make eggs in the morning which is great, but the clean up takes a lot of time.  My best friend Sam has been telling me about her breakfast burritos that she makes her hubby and I had to try them for myself!  On Sunday we usually make a bigger breakfast so I decided we would make the burritos and I would just make extra to freeze.  AMAZING!  And seriously SO easy.  This batch made enough for breakfast on Sunday, plus 15 burritos to freeze.  Win. Win.



Watching Hadley crack eggs might be one of my favorite things.  It is so funny!





Mommy's little helper! Don't mind my no make up look and our glorious bed head. ;)







My burrito wrapping skills are lacking, but we got the job done!

Okay so here is what I used this time, but the best part about this is that you can totally make it your own and change it up each time you do it for a bit of a variety.

18 eggs
1 bag of hash browns ( I used diced up hash browns)
2 bell peppers
1 pckg of sausage links (because they didn't have ground sausage)
tortilla shells

1. scramble the eggs.
2. cook the hash browns
3. cook the sausage
4. dice up the peppers and throw them in with the hash browns
5. cut up the sausage links and toss them in with the eggs
6. lay out a tortilla and put a scoop of hash browns and a scoop of eggs
7. top with a bit of cheese
8. fold and wrap in tin foil
9. put in a freezer bag and freeze!

This morning I took two out and put then in the microwave for 2 minutes, cut them in half and put them in for an additional two minutes.  DELICIOUS!  and best of all, clean up was a breeze.

Next time I make them I want to try to throw in some more veggies and I am going to try turkey bacon instead of sausage.  :)


On a completely different note - check out my BABES!  Brynlee is on the left and Hadley is on the right.  Both pictures were taken around 2 1/2 months.  I just love looking back at Hadley's pictures from when she was Brynlee's age.  Some pictures they could pass as twins and others I think they look completely different!



Melt my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment